Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Day 3 draft

Day 3  Improving but not there yet

It was day 3 and I found myself doing much better. I had forgotten how it is so important to drink A LOT of broth.  I saw a broth fast post online and the author said to drink 6 servings of broth per day…REDICULOUS.  I guess one could but it sure wouldn’t feel comfortable.  I should count how many mugs a day I have.  All I know is it’s a lot.

As long as I drink broth when I’m even thinking about getting hungry, I’m really fine.  But the other thing that makes it more comforting and filling is drinking it fast.  I try to finish the mug in less than 5 times.  If you went to college, you probably learned how to chug a beer in 1 long sip.  The feeling that I get from a large amount of broth entering my stomach is comforting and calming.  Fulfilling.

And the other thing that I learned was related to preparation.  I nearly ran out and it caused a bit of a panic. Even now I have only one large pot going and only a few servings of the last.  So, I’ve realized how important it is to be well prepared.  Truthfully having 3 crockpots going at once really helps a lot!  Having a back-up in the frig of pre-made broth is a great insurance policy.

So what am I drinking?  That’s a question that I get often enough.  Oh and the other thing that I get requests for is recipes. I’m going to include recipes in “the book”.  But here’s some basic info about what’s in my mug. 

I’m cooking a chipotle beef broth now.  I took thinly sliced beef (Ranchera is what the Mexican store calls it).  I got a frying pan really hot, added some butter, heavily seasoned the beef with chipotle powder (which has no sugar in it as opposed to a sauce), and then browned (like darkly brown) to add flavor.  I used that with some veggies, etc.  But right now I’m finishing an incredible “roasted chicken” broth.  I bought one of those half chickens that you can buy pre-cooked at the store.  I looked for one that was really darkly “browned”…almost “blacked”. :-)  It add such a rich flavor.  Truly amazing and savory.

I’ll try to list more as well.

Late today or tomorrow morning I need to leave SB to head back down south to our little mountain cabin because I have some work down there.  This time I’m going to be prepared.  I’m going to bring a bunch with me in the car ready to drink.  But I’m also going to bring a bunch extra with me to have once I arrive.  When I show up, I won’t have any made and it will take some time to get that ready so I want to be well prepared. 


If you wouldn’t mind sharing this on some forum or social site, or just tell your friends, I’d appreciate it.  The growing numbers of readers is a huge motivation.  It truly warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment