Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Journey Continues --- Part 2

The Journey Continues  ---  Part 2

After spending about a week and a half on the road, I had a dear friend offer to allow me to stay in his home in Ocean City, NJ.  This was a perfect location for me as 3 of the 4 schools with whom I would be working were within an hour drive from Ocean City.

Ocean City is November is not exactly a booming metropolis.  It was very mellow and laid back.  I liked my time there but found that most of the restaurants are seasonal thus limiting my choices significantly for food options.  I did manage to find a great Chinese restaurant that made food from scratch and was willing to make great meals without starches, MSG, or even sugar.  It was a very small restaurant with a total of only 3 tables.  They were predominantly set up for "Take Out".  I ate delicious spicy eggplant, duck, chicken and vegetables, etc.  I think that I ate there 5-7 times while I was in town.  The nice thing was that the food was healthy and good tasting and allowed me to stay within my diet.

As I was away for about two weeks at this point, I began to wonder about how much weight I had gained.  I did not have access to a scale so it was really an unknown.  I felt like I was eating a lot, especially a lot of nuts.  I was eating properly, but I was quite sure that I had gained far more than 5 pounds.  I told myself not to worry about it, but I did.  After all that I had been through to lose this much weight, to just gain a great deal of it back was a disturbing idea for sure.  I told myself that I would not weigh myself until I returned back to California.  With only a week to go, I felt that I could wait until I returned to find out if this was successful.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment