Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 36 --- wrapping up in New Jersey on my way to Pennsylvania

Date 36 --- Lots of travel from state to state

Today is Wednesday and I was supposed to be on my way to Pennsylvania today but decided to stick around for the morning to spend a little bit more time with the school in Cherry Hill. This ended up being a very good choice!  We had an excellent meeting. I thoroughly enjoy working with the school. Highway tells me I say that all the time.

While I was with to the members of the administrative team they mentioned a school somewhat nearby that need some help. They picked up the phone and called in a reference for me would sure warmed my heart.  I followed up with a phone call in the next thing I knew rather than driving west from Cherry Hill New Jersey I was driving east to the Atlantic Ocean. But I was thrilled to do this.

I ate very light Lee most of the day. Predominantly some nuts and a little bit of fruit. It wasn't that I felt restricted or like this was the only thing I could eat. In all honesty I really didn't want anything else. I was completely satisfied. I didn't really want to stop nor did I feel like I was being deprived. This was my choice. One that I was completely satisfied by making.

After my meeting on the coast, I turned around and drove west to Gettysburg Pennsylvania. It is such an amazingly historic area. For dinner I had a Greek salad. This was a salad of greens, Kalamata olives, a little bit of feta cheese, some pinenuts, and all served with some homemade vinaigrette on the side. Again it was another great meal. I was hardly suffering. I was listening to a band that I really liked and did splurge with part of a beer for dinner. I won't let myself drink more than half a beer. I enjoy the flavor, and quite honestly I'm not really looking to get drunk anyway. So I sip the beer slowly, enjoy the flavor, and then give it back to the bartender when I've consumed about half.

I haven't had access to a scale so I don't really know how much weight I have game. Dr. Saunders said that I will most likely gained 5 pounds. He said that is pretty normal. Even if I gained 5 pounds, I know that this new diet has helped me immeasurably. I feel like the future is getting much brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment