Monday, October 28, 2013

Day 7b --- on the road

Day 7b ---  on the road

Today is the beginning of day seven. I am on the road for most of the entire day. I will be driving out to the beautiful town of Ridgecrest California. If you have never been there, don't worry you will be fine without going there. But knowing that I'm going to be gone for probably eight hours, I needed to go well prepared.

So before I left, I drank a large mug of broth and packed up three stainless steel coffee mugs that work like a thermos. I pre-warmed each of these with plenty of hot water. Then I got the broth fully boiling and poured it in. I find that this is very effective in keeping the soup pot. Sometimes it is really too effective. Yesterday I brought A stainless steel thermos to church. My thought was that after the service while everyone is having snacks, which is very common at our church, I could at least drink my broth. I poured a cup and could see it steaming significantly. It was delicious for sure. But it was very hot. Since I'm on a roll with this I might as well say that the plastic cups do not do a very good job at all of keeping anything warm for any extended period of time. The cops that have stainless steel on the inside or outside and plastic on the opposite side are not very impressive either. The very best ones are lined with stainless steel on both the inside in the outside. This makes an enormous difference in keeping the beverages hot.

Anyway, enough about that. I am feeling quite well. I have been a bit grouchy but I am not sure that all of it is directly related to the fast.  I hate to make a prediction before 10 AM about what my day is going to be like. But in judging from what it was like yesterday and how I feel right now, I'm expecting smooth sailing.

Tomorrow will be my official seven day weigh-in. I'm excited to see how much weight I've lost in seven days. Until then, I send you my best.
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment