Wednesday, September 4, 2013

And so it begins

Good morning world, today is day one.
179.6 pounds.
So last night I slept horribly.  I tossed and turned till I couldn't take it any more and thought, ok now I will just get up and start my day.  The only problem was that it was only 12:30 at night.  Certainly not enough sleep.

I think that I was excited, and am excited, to start the first day of this broth fast.  It's kind of funny because usually we get excited about being able to do something and in truth, I'm excited about being about to do nothing, except drinking broth.  From what I have heard, the first 4 days are the most difficult.  So I'm gearing up for this.  Although I don't want a headache, I understand that they are quite common.  In truth I get them more than I would like now.  HAHA how funny is that?  I get them "more than I want".  Who says, I wish that I could get more headaches.

Anyway, I started my day with some boxed vegetable broth.  Not bad, tastes like vegetables cooked in water.  I was told by the doctor that I can have no sugar or MSG in the broth.  This is more difficult than one might think to find prepacked.  Whole Foods came through for me.

I need to ask the doctor if I can have tea or coffee, if it should be caffeinated or not, and if I can have grain beverages like Postum or Pero.

I'm off to help a school this morning.  Feeling pretty normal, no surprise.

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING!!

MG

Here's the link to tomorrow's post : Click here

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Brittany,
    I greatly appreciate the encouragement.
    I have a feeling that it will be more important as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mike...keep up the good work!!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Mike! I am so proud of you ��
    Thank you for going to Dr. Saunders at my request. I love you dearly and want to grow old with you, but I need a healthy husband! I am looking forward to supporting you through this journey. You can do it! I love you ♥

    ReplyDelete