Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 29 --- Part two (afternoon)

Day 29  --  Part two

As the day progresses, I'm getting excited about going out for a proper meal with my wife.  Truly, this will be a celebration.  After a month of having nothing but liquid soup broth, finally I will get to eat something solid.

This afternoon, I went back to see Dr. Scott Saunders.  It was a visit that I was looking forward to attending. He said that I looked well and healthy.  Amazing to think that I lost 26 pounds in about as many days, 26.8 pounds to be exact.  I had a good list of questions for him about the transition diet and the future diet.

He said that for the next 2 full days, that I should have high fiber foods which could include fruits, vegetables, brown rice, lentils, beans, nuts, and seeds.  For me, this is a cornucopia of delicious choices.  He encouraged me to avoid certain foods as well including dairy and meats, etc.  After two full days, I could add some fish or chicken and other items slowly.  I was super excited.

To celebrate, Suzy and I were to go to dinner at one of Santa Barbara's finest restaurants.  The thought was either the Biltmore with its beautiful view of Butterfly Beach or the newly renovated El Encanto, Spanish for the "enchanted place".  Both are outstanding 5 star restaurants and resort hotels.  But the only problem was that in reviewing these menus, we found that I would end up having a pretty basic salad.  We were hoping for something a little bit more than some lettuce with basic salad toppings.  So with a quick shift of choices, I looked at the menu from a local healthy restaurant called Sojourner.  Suzy and I have been going there since 1984, at first separately, and now as a couple.  The restaurant is as organic and natural as they get.  I showed Dr. Saunders the menu and he approved whole-heartedly.  There were several choices that would be just fine and I'm looking forward to this evening.

More to follow.....  CLICK HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment