Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 31 --- East Coast and Transition

Day 31  ----  East Coast and Transition

This is only my second day of transition and I am trying very hard to make sure that I get things right.  That said, I knew that I need some healthy foods to start my day.  So, I searched for a "Whole Foods" market which is an international store filled with all organic and extra healthy foods.  There are seven stores in the UK mates, so check it out.  

I purchased three small amounts of nuts, (pistachios, macadamias, and hazelnuts) as well as a couple of packages of dried and seasoned kale, a couple of apples, and perhaps a couple of other items.  Armed with this, and having downed an apple and a couple of handfuls of nuts, I started my work day with meetings at a school in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. 
Many at the school were well aware of my fast and were filled with questions about how it went and how I was feeling now.  I loved talking about all of this and I hope that it was motivational to some.

The head of the leadership team at this school found a great place to take me to lunch.  It had a huge selection of salad items and many varieties of vegetables all in a grand buffet.  There were many items that I could not eat, yet.  But there were more than enough options for me. Most everything was healthy, but some were just not yet on my "OK to eat" list.

Tomorrow I will be able to have plenty of options including meats.  But for now, I'm in transition and after this much effort, I don't want to blow it.

I was on my own for dinner.  I chose a local Indian restaurant knowing that they tend to have many items that are within my new high fiber diet.  I order Vegetable Korma.  It is a characteristic Indian dish which can be traced back to the 16th century and to the Mughal incursions into present-day Northern India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Classically, a korma is defined as a dish where meat or vegetables are braised with water or stock.  Needless to say, I stuck with the vegetable.  But modern Korma definitely in not just stewed in stock or water.  It has lots of spices and this dish in particular was very spicey.  I was a bit concerned, but everything was fine.  The kind waitress substituted yellow lentils for the rice and it tasted delicious.  

I was eating alone and so my thoughts wandered around until they landed on our son David, perhaps the very best son ever known to man.  I took a picture of myself and texted it off to him telling him that I was eating healthy Indian food tonight.  He quickly wrote back and said, "how appropriate as tonight is Dandiya".  Ok, what the heck is that? I thought.  Apparently it is quite the Indian holiday where dancing is a major part.  Well, I didn't dance, but I was about ready to do so after having that delicious meal.  Amazing how good it tasted.


I don't have more of the "Click here" links on here yet.  You can navigate form the right hand side under the dates.  I'll put more links in soon. :-)   THANKS FOR READING!! Please SHARE with friends!!






No comments:

Post a Comment