Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 30 ---- Travel and Transition

Day 30 ----  Travel and Transition

As you may remember, Dr. Saunders strongly encouraged me to eat carefully during the first 2-3 days.  He recommended only having fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds, basically high fiber.  He is a brilliant man and has helped me so much that I was not about to question his advice.  This coupled with the fact that I have read about others who did not transition properly and had significant digestive issues.

What was to make things more complicated was the fact that I needed to travel all day across the USA.  But I knew what I could have and I knew that I had plenty of options.

I needed to be up at 4:30AM and off to the airport at 5:00 for a 6:30AM flight.  I awoke on time, feeling great, and drank some water, ate an apple and off we went to the airport.  Sadly, I had to say goodbye to my mate-for-life and board the plane.  So we said our farewells, said a prayer, and I entered the airport.

Santa Barbara airport is one of the best airports that I utilize.  It's not fancy but it's small and simple and very easy to navigate, plus very familiar.  I went through the check in procedure and was officially inside the secure gate boarding area.  My first stop was to buy some nuts for the flight.  I knew that with nuts, an apple, and some water, I would be fine.  And I was fine.

The first leg was to Phoenix followed by a flight to Philadelphia.  I munched on delicious nuts and apples on the way, with plenty of water.  It seemed easy and delicious.

Once I landed, I rented a car and drove off to see Herbie Hancock about an hour or so North of Philly.  He was amazing.  He had so much energy still at 73 years old.  I was very happy to see him.  He played only 6 songs in total but that filled up a full two hours.  Imagine that, each song averaging 20 minutes.  Awesome.

After the show, I drove back to my hotel, getting in kind of late but feeling relaxed and satisfied with the ease of the day.

Click here to keep reading

No comments:

Post a Comment