Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 27 --- Ok, I'm back on track

Day 27  ----  Back on track, feeling better

As you read yesterday, I was feeling pretty bad, lethargic and sad most of the day.  My guess was that my reduction in antidepressants might have caused this.  Since I have been on this broth fast, I have reduced my intake three times over the last month.  Each time I experienced the same feelings.  A day or two of "blueness" and then I was ok again.  There was a lag from when I made the reduction to when I felt poorly of about four days.  Each time that I reduced my intake, I had the same result. Feeling bad for a day or two then bouncing back pretty well. All of this fit.

Today I felt a whole lot better, not perfect but really pretty darn decent.  I had plenty to do to keep me busy, which was good.  One thing that happened that meant a lot to me today was a friend sent a text message to me to say that she read that I wasn't doing the best and asked if I wanted to talk.  That was so kind.  But I wouldn't expect any less from her, she is a high quality friend.  We spent about a half an hour on the phone talking about the fast and more importantly the America's Cup, which thankfully will be here in America for another three years at least.  So this news certainly raised the spirits of this sailor.

I also met with the parents of triplets that I know pretty well.  They were asking for some counsel about colleges for their kids.  I love being helpful and this was a great opportunity to do so.

All of these things gave a boost to my day, but the real fun was that I awoke to find that I have now officially lost 25 pounds.  Pretty cool.

PS: My sweet wife loves this and it's always a good thing when your spouse likes how you look.

Here's the link to day 28  >>  http://30daybrothfast.blogspot.com/2013/10/day-28-wrapping-it-up-into-homestretch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment