Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 1b --- Full of fun...not really

Day 1 --- Full of fun...not really.

Day one (again) started on Tuesday October 22, 2013.  But the background was really on the day before.

The day began by taking my dear mother-in-law on a surprise trip to the hospital.  It was quite difficult for all of us, certainly hardest on her. After being released we needed to follow-up at home.  Suzy and I have needed to be available for her 24 hours a day.  I'm manning the post during the day, and Suzy has been there at night. Needless to say, I found myself very distracted and busy all day.

It was at about 10:00 PM last night, after the day of doctors, when I decided that I would start the fast in the morning.  I realized that if I'm going to do this again, it needs to be now.  The next chunk of available time would not be until January or perhaps a slight chance in December.  I know that Suzy would like to for me to be thinner, and I would for sure.  I'm just not there yet.  So, I decided that I would start in the morning.

The first, and most important, order of business was to make a soup for it's broth to drink. I knew that I shouldn't put it off until the morning so late last night I made a ham hock and white bean soup.  I thought that my wife and mother-in-law could enjoy the ham and beans, and I, the broth.  I also had made a chicken soup at my  mother-in-law's house on the Riviera the earlier in the day just to help her feel better.  I knew that I could have some of that broth as well.  I was off to a good start.

This was like the first day all over again.  I was completely fine except for the temptation to grab a handful of nuts or a cracker when I was hungry.  It was not bad though, just needing to re-train myself to consume broth when I'm hungry.  It really becomes a day of changing habits from eating solid foods to drinking liquid foods.

Overall a great day, just busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment