Sunday, September 8, 2013

Middle of the night 3:00 AM

It's 3 AM in the middle of the night.

So why am I writing at such small hours? Shortly after I got into bed I felt quite cold. That is really quite unusual for me especially in the evening in bed. More often than not, I wake up quite sweaty. I'm sure that's a pretty picture. Sorry about that.

I thought perhaps it was just something that was passing. But after about four hours of sleeping, well not really sleeping, I finally could not stand it anymore. 

For four hours I laid in bed very cold with the covers up and over my head forming a hood. I was so cold I didn't want to move. Although my mind told me that I needed to get up and get something warmer, I was just too cold to want to even move out of bed to what would certainly be a far colder room.  

One might think, or picture, that this is taking place in the winter but that is not the case. This is in the warm Indian summer of Santa Barbara.  Tomorrow the temp is supposed to hit 90.    

Rarely am I  cold at night period but never in this type of weather. So I got up and took off my pajamas and added a T-shirt and socks, yes I sleep in pajamas ha ha.  Then I ran into the other room and picked up the warmest blanket that we have. Even in the winter, it seems to keep me plenty warm by itself.  But tonight even with the comforter and this super warm blanket and the covers over my head, I am barely comfortable. 

Clearly something is slightly out of whack. But this does not upset me. It tells me that something, anything, is happening and changing in my body. To me this is good news for this is the change that I was hoping for.  I did not decide to eat only broth for 30 days to remain the same as I had always been. The truth is that I knew I needed to improve and I need to do something radical to make a change, rather, an improvement, in my physical condition.  

Recently America has voted for change. I, for one, do not like to see change for change sake. I like to see improvement. If that requires change, then fine, bring it on. So I hope and I pray this is the beginning of an improvement in my life and in my physical condition.

Here's the next post.... http://30daybrothfast.blogspot.com/2013/09/day-5-worst-day-yet.html

1 comment:

  1. Sweet husband, come and cuddle with me! (For those folks that are following: Mike has a tendency to snore and sleeps in another bedroom on occasion. One thing that I am hoping for with the changes and improvements to come is sleeping with no snoring!)
    I love you Mike! Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Your wife, Suzy

    ReplyDelete