Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Last supper

Good night,

Well that was it, the last proper meal for a while.

We were invited to our friends Bruce and Canda for a nice dinner about a week ago.  Although they did not know that this would be my last meal when they were preparing it, I was mindful of this all day long.  Even though they were unaware, you'd swear that they had some idea, although it wouldn't have been possible for them to know.  Canda prepared an incredible meal starting with baked Brie cheese with a reduction of balsamic sauce, a lovely bottle of 2009 La Crema Pinot Noir, a delicious mixed green salad that we ate after out main course of Alaskan Halibut with an incredible sauce, baby asparagus, and roasted baby white potatoes.  All of this with "Nana's homemade berry crumble" with two scoops of ice cream.  How's that sound?  It was awesome.  A prefect last meal.

So, I lie here on a balmy summer night contemplating my morning.  What will I have for breakfast? Chicken soup broth?  It doesn't sound bad as a lunch or a snack or dinner, or even a late night snack but for breakfast?  What am I getting myself into here.  Why did I invite you to view this blog?  Because I'm going to need the encouragement and the accountability.  Not many said that they would follow this but I'm hoping for more.  Please invite your friends, especially those who are overweight to join, and follow this path on which I have chosen.  Yikes, here we go.

CLICK HERE for the next post

PLEASE SHARE ON FACEBOOK or TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!  That would be a very nice gift.

2 comments:

  1. You got this, Mike! Way to commit to a healthier you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli, I so appreciate the support!! You are the first to write. I hope people sign up to follow this so that it can be helpful and selfishly because I would like the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete