Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 13 ---- Busy, busy, busy

Day 13  ---  Too busy to be thinking about solid food

Today was a day where I was going non-stop all day.  I was on the computer buying airplane tickets, renting cars, and trying to book hotels.  I was productive during the day and close by to my 3 crock pots filled with really good tasting broth.

Right now, I have revisited the Italian sausage, peppers, and onions (with one jalapeno and some chili flakes.  In crock-pot number two I had ham and carrots in a vegetable broth.  And in crock-pot number three, I have my BLT (bacon, leeks, and tomatoes).  All three are very good and provide a nice variety of flavors.

Today I had some ginger tea and some ice water with lemon.  Both were enjoyable especially for the unfamiliar flavors.  Soup is wonderful and certainly I have had a wide variety of it.  But it's nice to have something different.  The tea was nice and the bitter lemon in the water was a fun contrast.

Someone recommended that I chew on ice.  Not a bad idea I think.  I might give that a try on the next hot day.

More people are telling me that I look thinner. And my wife says that I "look great".  Now that alone makes this all worth while.  It is such a great feeling to know that your spouse thinks that you look good. It warms my heart, boosts my spirits, and boosts me to work harder.

I would like to add more exercise.  Tomorrow is day 14.  It seems like a good place to add some stomach crunches.  Also, tomorrow is the day that I step back on the scale for a two week weigh in.  I'm excited to see the progress.  As you may remember, I started this fast just shy of 180 pounds.  Tomorrow, I'll get up and see what two weeks of fasting has done.  Stay tuned for the big weigh-in tomorrow.

13 days down, and here's the link to day 14...Not the best tomorrow...

http://30daybrothfast.blogspot.com/2013_09_17_archive.html

All my best,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment